GoAvenues DMC Sri Lanka
Established in 2007, GoAvenues is the MICE Division of Travel Tours Group in India with an office in Sri Lanka. Our clients are assured of a DMC partner that is financially solid and completely reliable to work with. We know the importance of speedy replies, so your emails are answered asap and get our full attention. At GoAvenues we would be delighted to show you the beauty of Sri Lanka through our eyes.
Short Bio Tyrone d'Souza - Sri Lanka
For more than 32 years I work in the Hospitality Industry (in India and abroard).
During these years I have gained enough professional experience to start GoAvenues DMC in 2007.
We have grown to a very strong DMC with strong relationships with our suppliers.
In my free time I am a passionate traveler and I have seen a lot of countries and cultures which helps me to always get new ideas for my own company.
Why Sri Lanka
The stunning island of Sri Lanka offers you more than you could possible imagine. Where else in the world could you visit a stunning temple in the morning, enjoy lunch at one of the endless tea plantations, go surfing in the afternoon and end the day with a game drive in the eveninge?
Here you will find a highlight for everyone. If you want to learn about ancient culture you can explore the palace of Sigiriya which is is considered to be the 8th wonder of the ancient world.
If you are passionate about cooking and using special ingredients, this is your perfect travel destinations. Sri Lanka is famous for its many different spices and you can learn everything about it at the Matale Spice Garden. And a nature lover will instantly fall in love with Sri Lanka beacause of its natural beauty and many wild animals. Elephants, bears, leopars and wild animals are only a few of the animals to be found on the island.
And for the relaxed travellers between us Sri Lanka has endless white beaches where you can sip on a coconut cocktail and just enjoy beging in such a wonderful environment.
We would love to put together a program that combines Sri Lanka's highlights for you!
Program idea Sri Lanka
Day 1 - Arrival - Habarana
- Welcome at the Airport and Proceed to Habarana. Our official representatives meet and welcome you at the airport and proceed to Habarana.
- En route lunch at the local restaurant
- Check in at the hotel
- Elephant Back Ride and CRS program:
Elephant Back Ride: you can experience the countryside of Sri Lanka by Elephant Back it is unique experience and limited to Habrana area (45 minute - 1 hour Elephant Back Ride).
CSR Program with rural school children: Make a difference while enjoying a dream holiday in the paradise island of Sri Lanka, a country emerging from a thirty year old long war and a devastating tsunami, yet with misty mountains, shimmering beaches and rolling surf. With many a parts of rural Sri Lanka still waking up into development there are many opportunities for an extra helping hand. Travelers who volunteer among the local communities in Sri Lanka to gain from their first hand experience of a different culture with its own traditions, beliefs, food and festivities. Working with a community and living among them exposes the travelers to their dreams, joys and aspiration; the difficulties they face and their victories over them, providing an understanding of a community who lives a different life yet smiles and weeps like them. The CSR program does just that.
School children welcoming the group at the entrance and by parade takes the group to the school. Children offer traditional sweet meals and tea. Football match can be organized. Group will bed refreshed with coconut drink and children may perform traditional dance and entertain the group.
- Relax at hotel or have a Ayurveda Massage (Optional)
- Lakeside BBQ dinner at Cinnamon Logde
- Overnight stay in Habarana
Day 2 - Habarana
- After breakfast, proceed to visit to Sigiriya Rock fortress
The Sigiriya Rock Fortress was built by King Kasyapa in the 5th century A.D. and a royal citadel for more than 18 years. It is complex of buildings, part royal palace, part fortified town and water gardens on par with the best in the ancient world, constitute a magnificant and unique architectural feat of the ancient Sinhalese. In a sheltered packet approached by spiral stairway are the famous Sigiriya frescos, the earliest surviving pictorial art of Sri Lanka and of the same period as the Ajantha fresco of India. The summit of the rock with an area of nearly one hc was the site of the palace. It is regarded as the 8th Wonder of the ancient World.
- Village Tour by bullock cart rides in countryside
Explore the countryside by bullock cart and experience people living style, traditional foods and hospitality. You will get typical countryside lunch in a farmer's house and chief farmers wife demonstrate about culinary.
- village house Sri Lankan cooking demonstration and local village lunch
- Rest of the evening relax at the hotel
- 3-5pm: show of Angampora
Angampora is a traditional martial art practiced for more than 2500 years in Sri Lanka. It has been said that this form of martial art has been derived from the ages of King Rawana the great raaksha king in Lankapura. This form of martial arts is still practised in Sri Lanka and the foreigners who visits the country are enqouraged to visit the Angam Dojo to witness special skills of the Angam Worriers.
- Dinner and overnight stay in Habarana
Day 3 - Habarana - Kandy
- Early morning Hot Air Ballooning in Sigiriya (Optional)
- Fun Tuk Tuk Challenge in Dambulla
You will ride the Fun Tuk Tuk to Dambulla about 24km. The Tuk Tuk is a unique (three wheeled) vehicle in the Asian region and you will get a chance to ride and experience the fun of riding a Tuk Tuk.
En route you will visit to Matale Spice Garden and explore herbal plants and pure spices making process. Here you will see the many different types of spices Sri Lanka is famous for. Just 25 km from the hill capital of Kandy, the Matale spice gardens are among the best on the island. You will be introduced to different spices and shown how some of these spices are grown and processed. A processing and training unit has been set up in the area and farmers are grouped in a cooperative to ensure fair prices and you will also be able to purchase spices. Gardens are open to visitors, a delightful place to stroll in fragrant greenery and learn about nutmeg, pepper vines, clove trees and curry, cinnamon and the precious cardamom, a relative of ginger. It grows in the shade of high jungle trees and can only be harvested by hand. Visitors may buy spices, traditional remedies and cosmetics, taste a herbal brew and in some venues, enjoy the full flavours of Sri Lankan spices of lunch or an Ayurveda massage based on natural products from the garden. You can enjoy a scrumptious lunch at the spice garden.
En route Elephant Orphanage with lunch. During your visit you may like to...
- Wash the elephants
- Take an elephant shower
- Short Journey on a bare back elephant around the estate
- Visit on-site museum. Displays are created and maintained by volunteers
- Chat with experienced multilingual guides and volunteers, guides are also very happy to take photographs and videos for you at no extra cost
- Feed the elephants a fruit plate and further support their projects (200 rupees per plate) all profits go directly into funding medicines and sponsorship of elephants here
- After lunch at Club concept restaurant at Pinnawala you will be taken back to your hotel
- Evening cultural show (optional)
Sri Lanka, a country rich with culture & tradition offers a very vibrant and unique show of Sri Lankan traditional dances, in the form of Kandy cultural show. The beat a dancing from "Salupliya" depicting several demons, "Thelme" vibrant expressions of low country rhythm, Fire and Harvest dances accompanied by Ceremonial Drums and the Drum Orchestra rising and falling to the lively tempo. As many as 12 different folk and traditional dances are performed within the span of one hour.
- Dinner & Overnight stay in Kany
Day 4 - Kandy - Yala
- After Breakfast, Kandy city tour with time for shopping
After breakfast you will proceed to the Kany city tour. Kandy is the last kingdom of Sri Lanka and has a unique dancing culture which is different to other parts of the island. Check into the campsite.
The hill capital is another "World Heritage Site". It was the last stronghold of the Sinhalese Kings during the Portuguese, Dutch and British rule and finally ceded to the British in 1815 after an agreement. To the Buddhists of Sri Lanka and the World, Kandy is one of the most sacred sites as is is the home to the "Dalada Maligawa:" - Temple of the Sacred Tooth Relic of Lord Buddha. Close by are the remains of the Royal Palace ("Maha Wasala"), "Palle Wasala" - where the Queens stayed now used for the National Museum, "Meda Wasala" where other close relatives lived, Audience Hall, Natha Devala and Vishnu Devala are situated close by. The Bathing Pavilion ("Ulpenge") is by the Lake and in the Center of the lake is the island called "Kiri Samudraya" (Milk white ocean) used by the kings as the summerhouse. Today it is the center of Buddhism, Arts, Crafts, Dancing, Music and Culture. Visitors can see these Dance & Music at the daily cultural performances held at several places in the city.
- En route lunch at the local restaurant
- Proceed to Yala
Yala National Park is renowned for the variety of its wildlife and its fine coastline (with associated coral reefs). But the key highlight here is the Sri Lankan Leopard. Yala National Park has the highest density of leopards living in the wild. In fact, it is the worlds' best. Accordings to wildlife department sources Yala (east - Blok I) every kilometer there will be a leopard. It also boasts a large number of important cultural ruins, bearing testimony to earlier civilizations and indicating that much at the area used to be populated and well developed.
- BBQ dinner in the jungle
- Overnight stay in tents
Day 5 - Yala - Galle
- Early morning 4 wheel drive - safari in Yala National Park. Return to the tent for breakfast
- Cycling to Yala
Cycling to Yala is an amazing experience and it is soft cycling trail. You will experience scenic landscapes, countryside and people living style. It is 30 -50km cycling distance but it can be adjusted if you wish.
- Leave for Galle via southern coast
- En route lunch at the local restaurant
- En route visit to Tea Factory and experience tea plucking with local people
- More than 200,000 hecatres
- 25% of world tea exports
- Pluck tea leaves, see the tea making process and taste the tea in a factory
- Reach Galle early evening
- Time permits visit Galle
Dinner and overnight stay in Galle
Day 6 - Galle
- Day to relax on the beach
- Special "Departure Dinner"
- Overnight stay in Galle
Day 7 - Departure
- Optional excursion:
- Stick Fishing is a unique fishing method to Sri Lanka you cannot experience anywhere else in the world. Sri Lankan fishermen, locally also known as stick fishermen, sit perced on stilts fixed into the ocean floor. If you are interested you can experience this local way of fishing.
- Fishing with local fishermen is a wonderful experience. They will share their thoughts and experience. People can discover local customs, hospitality and traditional Sri Lankan fishing techniques. You will go fishing in the Lagoon as well as deep sea fishing.
- Snorkelling in the coral reef
- Whale watching in South Coast - Whale watching in Sri Lanka is a wonderful experience in the midst of the Ocean. Mirissa is becoming a top spot to watch Blue Whales, Sperm Whales and Dolphins. The duration of the trip is 4-5 hours.
- Lunch at the hotel
- Dinner at the hotel
- Departure and transfer to the Airport
More about GoAvenues
At GoAvenues we have offices in Sri Lanka and all over India. We pride ourselves with a team of true professionals who go the extra mile to achieve the best programs for our clients. Speedy replies, detailed work, creative ideas and price competitive proposals and exceptional experience from the planning to the operations belong to our working ethic. Our aim is to keep our clients comfortable and happy, so they can enjoy the beauty of Sri Lanka to the fullest. Please contact us and we will immediately start working on a memorable program tailor made for your group to Sri Lanka.
We specialise in MICE, VIP Groups, Special Groups, Luxury Travel, Conferences, Meetings, Special Interest Groups, Cruises, Shore Excursions, Corporate Travel, Hotel Bookings, Gala dinners and Fine Dining in whole India.
Travel facts Sri Lanka
|Currency||Sri Lankan Rupee|
|Language||Sinhala and Tamil|
|Local time||GMT (London) + 5.30hours|
|Public holidays||Public holidays in Sri Lanka|
|Climate in Sri Lanka||Weather in Sri Lanka link|
|Passport and visa information Sri Lanka||Passport and visa information Sri Lanka link|